Recommended Action for Impact
According to a report by the National Association for College Admission Counseling, the following facts about college counseling are proven to be true:
• “Counselors, when consistently and frequently available and allowed to provide direct services to students and parents, can have a positive impact on students’ aspirations, achievements, and financial knowledge.”
• “Schools that have improved counseling and college counseling have increased college access for low-income, rural, and urban students, as well as students of color.”
• “Increasing the numbers of counselors available and the amount of time they devote to college advising tasks is one of the top three reforms needed to improve college access.”
• We provide over 9,000 minutes of college guidance
• We have counselor to student ratio of 1:200
• Our students score 40% higher on the ACT than their peers
• Our students are 12X more likely to earn a college degree
• Our students have been admitted to over 200 colleges and universities including Harvard, Brown, Rice, Notre Dame, University of Memphis, and University of Tennessee
• 100% of our students have recommended or will recommend our programming to their peers
Our Students Agree
Just over 80% of students in our program agree or strongly agree that without the one-on-one assistance of their Program Associate, they would not feel as confident in navigating the college admissions process.
We are more than just numbers.