Ok, so maybe there isn’t 104 days of summer vacation but the sentiment is still true. Summer break is this really long period where you’re allegedly kicking back and relaxing and ignoring all of your responsibilities (*cough cough* summer reading) but at some point you’re going to run out of things to do and you’re going to get bored and you’re going to realize that this may be the longest run on sentence you’ve ever seen because you’re just that bored. I’m no Phineas and Ferb, but I’ve worked with a few of my colleagues to come up with a short list of things you can do this summer while you pretend like you don’t have work to do:
- Tell Your Crush How You Feel Before It’s Too Late- Do it! You’ve been crushing since you two took that one class together junior year and you haven’t quite found a way to tell them yet. Well you have less than 104 days before you potentially never see them again, so throw all the cards on the table and go all in. Tell them!
- Binge Watch Hulu and Netflix Shows– as if you aren’t already doing this. There are a ton of awesome shows out there and watching them will give you something to talk about when you meet all the new people in college.
- Go on a Restaurant Tour– Visit all the different restaurants in your city. Now is as good a time as any to try out all the restaurants you never did and enjoy good food. Again, it’ll expose you to new things and give you something to talk about
- Go on Day trips With Your Friends– Nothing beats spending time with your friends except…. wait for it…. road tripping with your friends. The car ride is where most of the fun happens (if they aren’t like me and asleep the whole time).
- Get a Job– There is nothing wrong with making a little extra money before college. College can get really expensive with all the clothes and parties and Ubers and what not so why not save up a little cheddar right now?
Like I said, I’m no Phineas and Ferb, but trust me if you do some of the things on this list you’ll be thanking me. So be like Nike and Just do it.